Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year and all that Jazz

Well, it's certainly been a while since I've posted. Life has been crazy and slightly dull on occasion, so there really hasn't been much to report. I managed to survive finals week, a feat unto itself, and made it home for the holidays. Most of break so far has been spent working at Macy's (which is TONS of fun... not) or at home doing... home stuff. Which means farm work, for readers who don't already know.

The real fun of break happened when my friend and I took the CRV, packed up and road tripped it out to Philadelphia to see my boyfriend for New Years. =) Considering I haven't seen him since... fall, it was wonderful to see him again. It rained the ENTIRE drive up, which made things interesting on occasion, but we managed to find his house after a wonderful 5 hour drive. Our welcome included a bone crushing hug and the usual silliness. =]

We visited for a week, but it went by so fast it hardly seemed like it. We acted like tourists most of the time; visiting historic Phili and Valley Forge were two of many highlights of the trip. Being a history major, it was awesome to see two places that were hugely important to the Revolution. Seeing them with my boyfriend made them even better. There was also the Reading Terminal Market, which APPARENTLY is pronounced "Red-ing" and not "Reading." >.<

I got to meet my bf's family, mostly his dad's side. It was nerve-racking at first, but they were really nice and (eventually) I remembered to breathe and all was well. Still can't remember everyone's names, but I figure I have a little bit of time to figure it out. =p Also got to meet his grandmoms, both of whom were awesome to talk with. We spent some time with his dad and half-sister (who was adorable), which was fun. We spent a good bit with them at the Railroad museum and at Longwood gardens.

Random note: If you are ever in the Phili area near Christmas, TOTALLY go see Longwood Gardens. SO BEAUTIFUL. Seriously. As if the conservatory with all the flowers wasn't gorgeous enough, all the lights on the trees topped it off!

New Years was a ton of fun as well. More of our friends joined us and we had a blast. Had a few drinks (some had more then others; you know who you are) and watched the ball drop. Then we spent our 1st at the King of Prussia mall, which was mind boggling. Seriously felt like the Country Mouse visiting City Mouse in that place. And would have totally gotten lost in there if I had been alone. All in all, was tons of fun.

The ride home, not so much. Lets just say my hatred for snow has increased 50 million times over and I'm moving South at some point for the winter. Oh, and I'm TOTALLY taking the train next time =p

1 comment:

  1. The half-sister isn't always so cute. You'll have to visit again to meet my mom's family. It's even bigger.

    ReplyDelete