Saturday, February 4, 2012

Fencing Musters and Fun Times

Well, today was a fencing muster here at Silva Vulcani. A lot of our good friends showed up for the event and everyone, including the main crew, had a blast. Mainly the focus, after lunch, was practicing for Pennsic in August; which is always good to do.

Single fights were fun, though I missed most of that time since I was inspecting peoples' armor and weapons for a good long while. But I managed to get a few in and got my rear handed to me a good many times. But it was still fun. Pennsic training was also fun; since, you know, fencers can make training fun cause we're that awesome. Dan and I managed to make a kick-ass team during Paranoia all three times, though the one time it came down to the two of us and he one.

In six months I may or may not have some exciting news to report, but until then you'll have to stay tuned since I'm not telling you ANYTHING until the right time :P And, for the record, it's fencing related so get your minds out of the gutter.

According to all but one person (who shall remain nameless), I seem to have improved a lot. I'll have to take their word for it, since it seems I'm still getting my arse kicked 99% of the time. I was given pointers on what to work on and my strengths pointed out, so I have things to work on. Apparently I'm super fast (coulda fooled me!) and got complemented on that skill.

Now I'm exhausted, but still kinda wired from adrenaline. My feet and...well the rest of me in general hurts and I'm finding that I really don't want to leave my chair after I'm done typing this. But the shower is calling my name and so is the Xbox, so I'll end this here and answer the siren's call. =p Till next time, Tootles!

1 comment: