Monday, September 26, 2011

Adventures of a Band Kid Part 1

This weekend was very busy. Saturday I had a football game to play at (well, halftime anyway), which was fun. My family also came to visit, along with some family friends. Not sure what was better: getting to see my folks, or eating the cheeseburger they brought with them from home. We won the game by a long shot, 40-13, and the band had a blast in the stands. Nothing beats being able to scream, rant, rave, and still have a ton of fun. Ok, that was a poor way to phrase that, but oh well. I managed to talk two of my friends into coming to the game and also managed to get them to admit that they had fun. That was a small prize unto itself. At any rate, that was my Saturday.

Sunday was a LONG day which started at the "glorious" hour of 4:30 in the morning. Not exactly my favorite time of day, but when the Director says wake up, you wake up... or at least wake up enough to get onto the bus and then fall back asleep. Which is precisely what I did. And proceeded to sleep until around lunch time in a cramped bus seat. Not exactly the most relaxing or fun thing to do, but it works. The entire reason for getting on said bus was because there was a marching band festival this weekend in Allentown PA. Our band performed and did awesome, as usual. But there was an added bonus this year. A very good friend of mine came to watch us perform. He also happened to ask me a particular question that I had been hoping he would ask. :)

Needless to say, it was a very awesome weekend, even if I was exhausted by the time we got back last night. Now it's back to school and papers. Research is coming along...well, not GREAT, but it's getting there. I'm so close to being able to type one of the papers it's driving me insane. I just want to type it and get it over with. Sadly, it doesn't work like that. Oh well, back to the books...or daydreams =p

1 comment:

  1. It's about time you two hooked up =) Band bus was epic long yes....still feeling lack of sleep

    ReplyDelete