Sunday, September 4, 2011

Research is the Bane of My Existence...

The title says it all. Research for my senior thesis has taken over my life and I'm hating every second of it. Yes, I am learning new things and my paper IS on a topic I enjoy; but that doesn't mean I wanted to spend one of two free weekends I have holed up in my room reading a book as thick as my arm. Not my definition of fun. In case anyone is wondering: my thesis is on non-combatant groups during the Civil War in America, primarily the Harmony Society and the Kentucky Shakers.

I bet that sounds like buckets of fun to you. Oh trust me: it's about as fun as sitting on an electric fence during a storm.

Sadly, the research doesn't leave much time for anything else...I think I said that already but oh well. What little time is left in the day, I'm stuck in classes and band rehearsal. Which sucks. Marching band is taking up my weekends except for two of them the entire fall semester. And as previously stated I've spent the first of those two doing damn research.

I'm only slightly bitter about that, I promise.

At any rate, I suppose that the sooner I finish said research, the sooner I can type the paper. And the sooner I can do that, the sooner I can finish the OTHER two papers I have to do. I have a feeling that my laptop will be accompanying me on many band trips this semester....

1 comment: