Friday, September 16, 2011

Patience is a virtue

Or so they tell me. I do know that my patience happens to be running thin on a few different things; mostly my papers, but there are a few things. Mainly the kinds of people that think they know everything, but in reality they know nothing. Or at least not as much as they think they do. For example; I don't care how much "training" you have, if you have never seen the fields, and have never shot in combat, you do NOT "correct" a Royal!!!! Especially the Royal that just HAPPENS to becoming your QUEEN in a matter of 48 hours!!!

And yes, this DID happen. About five or six times in a single evening....

And then there are the people who just don't get the hint. There was another fencer at practice last night; he kept coming over and hovering when he SHOULD have been trying to find someone to fence. So, I pointed out, numerous times, that he should be and FINALLY it sunk in. Annoyed the hell out of me.

And then there are the people in the classes who drive me up the wall with the stupid shit that comes out of their mouths. I'm not even going to go into that just for the sole fact that I'm starting to sound like a whiney little [insert bad name of your choice here] and in reality I try not to be one. So I'll go on a different track.

Tomorrow is Coronation and I find myself kind of excited. I will be guarding the Queen at this event and will be helping to watch her son during the day as well, which I must admit I'm looking forward to. The boy is an absolute angel and while he can be a little hyper, he's a four year old boy. :P I expect him to be.  As for the proceedings themselves....I honestly have no idea what to expect. I've been to one coronation before, but I have to admit I didn't REALLY pay attention...ok, I didn't pay attention at all. I was thinking about being late for a band performance, but...yeah. So I really don't know what to expect. I was talking with her Highness last night, so I kind of know what's going on. Still, not quite sure what to expect.

Having nothing more to complain about, I will end this here and let you return to whatever you were doing before you started reading this. Ta!

1 comment:

  1. Dare I ask who was correcting and on what? If you are teaching, then corrections should be made. If the King of England went to a temple in China to learn from monks, he would still have to wear robes and bow to his teacher/master...or whatever they're called in China. Of course, this doesn't mean said master should get uppity with said King =P

    ReplyDelete